Diet: Treats, Not Tricks – 5 Healthy Halloween Sweets
Happy Halloween, everyone! Oh, how tempting is all of that candy today? Enjoy these sweet treats instead and save your waistline:
- Bubble gum. It’s sweet, chewy and fun to eat, and at only 10 calories a stick you can’t go wrong.
- Small boxes of raisins. A quarter cup counts as one whole serving of fruit.
- Hot cocoa mix. It’s rich, low-fat and the perfect way to warm up.
- Fruit cups (like mandarin oranges). Buy a big case with individually wrapped packages and throw extras into your purse for a snack on the go.
- Caramel apples. Just like marriage, this treat is all about compromise! Savor the sweet, gooey exterior, but make sure you eat the healthy fruit inside. To make it even better, roll it around in crushed walnuts.